Author Topic: BellGab, now defunct.  (Read 64478 times)

Re: BellGab, now defunct.
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2021, 08:43:58 PM »
Haha.  That was me trying to be straight for one post.

Yeah. OK.

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2021, 09:34:20 PM »
Yeah. OK.

All right, I am sorry.  I take the mask off.  I think your wheelie is awesome and your helmet is rad and I like you a lot.  You are right, I have a legitimate claim to my persona.  There are certain deeply contradictory elements to it -- the Bible stuff, the desperately unfashionable music, the dusty books mixed with obsessive trendiness and domestic baking geekery -- that aren't really possible to fake or explain by other means, and Shreddie if his being honest will back me up on this.

That said, I think when I am being ridiculous I fully intend to be that way, and the thing you can't hear is me laughing my ass off.  I tend to think "troll" is too strong a word for anything I do; all I do is tease.  Thankfully there is no need to be a troll when you are already supremely absurd.

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2021, 11:04:30 PM »
Thanks Mr. Dubb. I have to run out for supper (something that our provincial health authority still forbids us to do...) I'll respond when I return from breaking the law (if they don't shoot me for being black.)

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2021, 06:22:00 AM »
All right, I am sorry.  I take the mask off.
Well, I escaped the covid cops...

Thanks for the response. I apologize- I really just could not sort out some posts and I did not get a number of references (I think I get Stumptown now. It's Portland. Portland's motto is "keep Portland weird?") I don't mind being weird (you cannot think you are normal rolling around the block on a unicycle wearing a cowboy hat and dragging a compost bin on wheels to the front yard @ 15Mph.) I had to google stumptown. Usually I roll along on the forum- but I will be honest. My one big fear is being the next "Erinn F" of a forum.

I had believed most of what you post (as you said, it is hard to fake lots of it.) It was when WAN posted what was probably a throw away comment on not believing something that I suddenly realized that in my real life, I'm kind of a social moron... And for some reason, I had started failing to question motives here. And suddenly I started wondering if I'm aiming to be Erinn. It's not that I have to believe what you post- but I realized that I had lost my "arms length" defense.

Everybody on BG had at least a little troll in them (or they would not last.) I don't exclude myself. I don't even mind being trolled- I was worried that I had just lost my ability to discern... And that would lead to... Well... Erinn F land.

I think I recently had a fairly major event that has me questioning a lot of my assumptions about myself that managed to shake me up a little. Where I have always been quite confident knowing what I am, and what I am not, something got shattered and I'm starting to see mirages as I search for some grounding.

Anyhow, I appreciate your dropping the mask for a moment. Feel free to pull it back up. I also laugh at half the stuff I post. I think I can challenge your claim to supreme absurdity... It sounds f#cked up to say- but I really like you as well- and I had thought that somewhere along the way, I was completely blind and stupid and as dumb on a forum as I appear to be in life...

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2021, 06:05:22 PM »
Well, I escaped the covid cops...

Thanks for the response. I apologize- I really just could not sort out some posts and I did not get a number of references (I think I get Stumptown now. It's Portland. Portland's motto is "keep Portland weird?") I don't mind being weird (you cannot think you are normal rolling around the block on a unicycle wearing a cowboy hat and dragging a compost bin on wheels to the front yard @ 15Mph.) I had to google stumptown. Usually I roll along on the forum- but I will be honest. My one big fear is being the next "Erinn F" of a forum.

I had believed most of what you post (as you said, it is hard to fake lots of it.) It was when WAN posted what was probably a throw away comment on not believing something that I suddenly realized that in my real life, I'm kind of a social moron... And for some reason, I had started failing to question motives here. And suddenly I started wondering if I'm aiming to be Erinn. It's not that I have to believe what you post- but I realized that I had lost my "arms length" defense.

Everybody on BG had at least a little troll in them (or they would not last.) I don't exclude myself. I don't even mind being trolled- I was worried that I had just lost my ability to discern... And that would lead to... Well... Erinn F land.

I think I recently had a fairly major event that has me questioning a lot of my assumptions about myself that managed to shake me up a little. Where I have always been quite confident knowing what I am, and what I am not, something got shattered and I'm starting to see mirages as I search for some grounding.

Anyhow, I appreciate your dropping the mask for a moment. Feel free to pull it back up. I also laugh at half the stuff I post. I think I can challenge your claim to supreme absurdity... It sounds f#cked up to say- but I really like you as well- and I had thought that somewhere along the way, I was completely blind and stupid and as dumb on a forum as I appear to be in life...

Dear honeynuts, Walks is right to be suspicious as he is an old hand at forumming and has no doubt seen similar coordinated efforts to corrupt the flower of American manhood that thrives in places like bellgab.  We predatory homosexualists are very sneaky that way, getting you to drop your discernment and cuddling up far closer than arm's length and the next thing you know -- whooops!  I can't wait to tell my masters, the Jews!  This is why we should be hunted down like the dogs we are.

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2021, 05:47:48 AM »
I don't know if you read on another thread where I admitted to meeting one person from a forum in the past. She was interesting. But I almost met two gay men from DC as well. Men who had an admitted "dungeon" for their games. It is only bad scheduling that kept me form already being corrupted by your brand of corruption.

Is there a patron saint of internet safety to whom I should appeal for safe passage through these boiling, festering pits of sewage?

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2021, 04:09:31 PM »
I don't know if you read on another thread where I admitted to meeting one person from a forum in the past. She was interesting. But I almost met two gay men from DC as well. Men who had an admitted "dungeon" for their games. It is only bad scheduling that kept me form already being corrupted by your brand of corruption.

Is there a patron saint of internet safety to whom I should appeal for safe passage through these boiling, festering pits of sewage?

Hahaha that was a close one!  I think you can thank your blessed mother Mary, the holy apostles Peter and Paul, and the glorious company of the saints that you did not wind up suspended from a hook trussed like a ham with some odious deviants putting 9Vs on your nippies.

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2021, 08:53:15 AM »
Hahaha that was a close one!  I think you can thank your blessed mother Mary, the holy apostles Peter and Paul, and the glorious company of the saints that you did not wind up suspended from a hook trussed like a ham with some odious deviants putting 9Vs on your nippies.

I came much, much closer to being ensnared by a gay man than that... And it did not require the internet.  ???

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2021, 04:24:46 PM »
I came much, much closer to being ensnared by a gay man than that... And it did not require the internet.  ???

Yes, I remember  :-\   I should be grateful you are not some sort of avenging angel.  That was not my particular path to perdition but, as you might imagine, I have known a few guys with similar stories, one quite intimately.

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2021, 04:53:23 AM »
Yes, I remember  :-\   I should be grateful you are not some sort of avenging angel.  That was not my particular path to perdition but, as you might imagine, I have known a few guys with similar stories, one quite intimately.

Actually, that was not it. I don't consider that man to have been "gay." He was, instead, human excrement. There is a difference.

I have no idea why I am typing this now. Maybe it is because I find myself in the same general spot in life where some of my assumptions about myself are turning out to be untrue. So, why the hell not?

I know I had mentioned having to discontinue care of my father after his accident. It was something I was positive I would never do. I could not understand how people would could make such a decision. And then it was probably 50 days of coma before I told the doctors to do it. If fucked me up for awhile. There really is not much difference between that decision and killing him. The result is the same. (I'm better now. I don't care. I did what I had to do and dealt with the consequences- and I would not change a damn thing.)

Anyhow, probably within 6 months of that, I was working with a great guy. An ex-gymnast who was kind, and smart, and listened. And he moved to Saskatchewan. I am 90% sure he was gay. If I had not bought a house in this city, I probably would have uprooted myself. I was actually spinning out of control for awhile. (Want to know something funny? That was when I my mother unintentionally confirmed the neighbour.. I told her not to worry- nothing happened. She blamed herself for not knowing that he moved in after getting out of prison for a couple of weeks. And then she watched carefully after she knew. I could not let her blame herself- so I assured her that nothing happened. But things fell into place in my mind.)

Anyhow, I was dancing on the edge. And IF I was correct that Paul was gay, and IF he stayed in my city, I can honestly say that we may have had some fucked up relationship. I mean, why not? Everything else was crashing down.

And I do not believe that I have  told another soul of Paul until now. But it was a narrow escape. Damn him being kind to me while I had been kicked and was down. Predator.  ;)

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2021, 07:00:02 AM »
Actually, that was not it. I don't consider that man to have been "gay." He was, instead, human excrement. There is a difference.

I have no idea why I am typing this now. Maybe it is because I find myself in the same general spot in life where some of my assumptions about myself are turning out to be untrue. So, why the hell not?

I know I had mentioned having to discontinue care of my father after his accident. It was something I was positive I would never do. I could not understand how people would could make such a decision. And then it was probably 50 days of coma before I told the doctors to do it. If fucked me up for awhile. There really is not much difference between that decision and killing him. The result is the same. (I'm better now. I don't care. I did what I had to do and dealt with the consequences- and I would not change a damn thing.)

Anyhow, probably within 6 months of that, I was working with a great guy. An ex-gymnast who was kind, and smart, and listened. And he moved to Saskatchewan. I am 90% sure he was gay. If I had not bought a house in this city, I probably would have uprooted myself. I was actually spinning out of control for awhile. (Want to know something funny? That was when I my mother unintentionally confirmed the neighbour.. I told her not to worry- nothing happened. She blamed herself for not knowing that he moved in after getting out of prison for a couple of weeks. And then she watched carefully after she knew. I could not let her blame herself- so I assured her that nothing happened. But things fell into place in my mind.)

Anyhow, I was dancing on the edge. And IF I was correct that Paul was gay, and IF he stayed in my city, I can honestly say that we may have had some fucked up relationship. I mean, why not? Everything else was crashing down.

And I do not believe that I have  told another soul of Paul until now. But it was a narrow escape. Damn him being kind to me while I had been kicked and was down. Predator.  ;)

That was merciful and selfless of you to protect your mother; you are a good-hearted man.  And Paul is just the sort of sweet story I treasure.  Thank you for telling me.  Sometimes, when no one is looking, you guys let us hold your hand for a while.

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2021, 01:17:21 PM »
So what is going on in the Facebook group? 89 members now. 115 posts in the last month. Anything juicy?

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2021, 03:01:52 PM »
So what is going on in the Facebook group? 89 members now. 115 posts in the last month. Anything juicy?

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. The reply was it's mostly Jackstar and Antony going back and forth. I'm surprised you haven't joined yourself.

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2021, 03:34:55 PM »

Same Jacky and Anthony stuff is all, except Roz showed up yesterday  :P

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2021, 03:42:19 PM »
I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. The reply was it's mostly Jackstar and Antony going back and forth. I'm surprised you haven't joined yourself.

I signed up with Facebook when it first took off but after getting pinged by people that I didn't like in High School about buying into pyramid schemes (Amway) I jumped off. As entertaining as Anthony and Jackstar banter might be, I'm not going back.

My Father onced asked about Facebook. I explained it was a way to communicate with people and as we were having lunch I used that as an example. Said = we could take a picture of your lunch and the put it on Facebook and then people would know what you had for lunch. "Why would anyone take a picture of a lunch?  Who would care what I had for lunch? It's none of their business" were his responses. I still laugh when I think about it.