Author Topic: Covid  (Read 93391 times)

Re: Dore is hurting. I repeat. Dore is hurting.
« Reply #465 on: May 23, 2021, 06:31:40 AM »
https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/status/1396175316175908866

The good news is that it is almost impossible for him to have Covid now... I get that every news story about this that I can find is based on one right leaning site (and just copied verbatim on other right leaning sites.) But you can find the exact wording reported on the CDC's website. So far, I have not been able to find a reason to question the reporting*. I started questioning what a "breakthrough" case is. Sorry for the long post- but this seems amazing and like it completely discredits anything that the CDC puts out...

The CDC says "a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine."

From the CDC website on submitting possible vaccine breakthroughs: "For cases with a known RT-PCR cycle threshold (Ct) value, submit only specimens with Ct value ≤28 to CDC for sequencing. (Sequencing is not feasible with higher Ct values.)" Anybody who has been on this site knows the value of setting lower thresholds. ONLY those 28 or less should be submitted if they are vaccinated. But hey- continue using 40 for the unvaxxed to drive up their numbers...

What is also interesting is that they give the number of hospitalizations and deaths of the vaccinated with a footnote "*443 (25%) of 1,811 hospitalizations reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19. †63 (18%) of 353 fatal cases reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19." I suppose at least they still recorded them. How many deaths were there from "covid" over the last year where Covid played almost no role? I seem to recall gunshot victims "dying of Covid."

Finally, if you have read this far, I do recognize that the CDC may be trying to reduce the "noise" of mild cases to focus only on major outbreaks or try to catch a new variant faster. Perhaps states will still report honestly- but the CDC says "In addition, CDC is coordinating with state and local health departments to investigate SARS-CoV-2 infections..."

If a tree gets sick and falls in the forest, but everybody turns a blind eye, was it really sick?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

*The report copied elsewhere also includes "The CDC also says that as of May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported vaccine breakthrough cases to focus on identifying and investigating only hospitalized or fatal cases due to any cause. This shift will help maximize the quality of the data collected on cases of greatest clinical and public health importance." The article focuses on that as important. But it does not say that they are not counting only hospitalizations or deaths- only that they are not "monitoring" them (which makes sense given limited resources.)

Re: Covid
« Reply #466 on: May 23, 2021, 06:38:45 AM »
It was all a contingency plan put into place to overthrow Trump and/or to begin the great reset. They certainly did rush things as a desperate measure and as if under threat.

I will say that if this was supposed to kick off their great reset, the may have suffered from a bout of premature ejaculation. I don't think that enough people are scarred enough. But I keep saying that if this was the response and the fear of a <1% death rate flu it should give you an idea of what a "real" pandemic like the Spanish flu would bring. People would beg the government to execute those found breaking the rules put in place to "keep them safe."

There was some kind of virus going around in the winter of 2019-2020. It was virulent, contagious and persistent. If it wasn't a flu virus then it was a corona virus, before we even knew for the most part what a corona virus was. But now we're told the flu virus has virtually disappeared, at least for last winter. Yet some people, supposedly, are still dutifully getting their flu shots. There has to be a great deal of fear instilled in the public and equally a great deal of faith in a panacea. The real threat to this Great Vaccine Campaign is skepticism and rationality.

There was a public campaign in my province last winter (before the Covid vaccine existed) telling us all to continue to protect society and ourselves and get the flu shot. I killed myself laughing at the billboard and radio ads. I suppose it was a test to see how many people would dutifully march to the pharmacy and line up for their shots. Good way to gauge the number of hard core guarantee Covid vaccinations.

« Reply #467 on: May 23, 2021, 11:02:45 AM »

« Reply #468 on: May 23, 2021, 12:36:04 PM »
If someone makes a fuss, I act dumb.

It's a very convincing act.

« Reply #469 on: May 23, 2021, 12:39:47 PM »
There was some kind of virus going around in the winter of 2019-2020. It was virulent, contagious and persistent. If it wasn't a flu virus then it was a corona virus, before we even knew for the most part what a corona virus was. But now we're told the flu virus has virtually disappeared, at least for last winter. Yet some people, supposedly, are still dutifully getting their flu shots. There has to be a great deal of fear instilled in the public and equally a great deal of faith in a panacea. The real threat to this Great Vaccine Campaign is skepticism and rationality.

The 'flu virus isn't an issue at the moment because everyone is wearing masks. It isn't hard. I don't know why you consider yourself a sceptic, if you see evidence that contradicts your beliefs you will ignore it. That isn't scepticism.

« Reply #470 on: May 23, 2021, 01:50:17 PM »
The 'flu virus isn't an issue at the moment because everyone is wearing masks. It isn't hard. I don't know why you consider yourself a sceptic, if you see evidence that contradicts your beliefs you will ignore it. That isn't scepticism.

By that logic no virus including covid should be an issue. You have all the skepicism of a carnival barker.

« Reply #471 on: May 23, 2021, 02:09:57 PM »
By that logic no virus including covid should be an issue. You have all the skepicism of a carnival barker.

Darling, that was the whole point. We have an example, in the 'flu, of how masks etc are effective, but your malfunctioning monkey mind can't process anything that goes against your pre-conceived beliefs. I recommend suicide in your case, you're clearly beyond the reach of medical help.

« Reply #472 on: May 23, 2021, 02:24:26 PM »
Darling, that was the whole point. We have an example, in the 'flu, of how masks etc are effective, but your malfunctioning monkey mind can't process anything that goes against your pre-conceived beliefs. I recommend suicide in your case, you're clearly beyond the reach of medical help.

But it didn’t effect the numbers of covid cases, apparently. After more than a year of masking mandates cases continued to go up in certain places. The reason there are virtually no flu cases is because they’re being counted as covid cases. So much for your phoney skepiticism. Also, it’s actually illegal to encourage others to commit suicide online and people have been convicted and jailed for it. I hope they throw your stupid, sorry ass in the stockade.

« Reply #473 on: May 23, 2021, 02:33:11 PM »
But it didn’t effect the numbers of covid cases, apparently. After more than a year of masking mandates cases continued to go up in certain places. The reason there are virtually no flu cases is because they’re being counted as covid cases. So much for your phoney skepiticism. Also, it’s actually illegal to encourage others to commit suicide online and people have been convicted and jailed for it. I hope they throw your stupid, sorry ass in the stockade.

That's because retards brave individualists like you don't want to follow the rules. And you're just making shit up, as usual. You probably read that on a site somewhere and believe it because you're a fucking dunce.

As you can imagine, I am deeply disquieted by my impending incarceration. What a lame sack of shit you are. Jump in front of a train.

« Reply #474 on: May 23, 2021, 02:57:46 PM »
That's because retards brave individualists like you don't want to follow the rules. And you're just making shit up, as usual. You probably read that on a site somewhere and believe it because you're a fucking dunce.

As you can imagine, I am deeply disquieted by my impending incarceration. What a lame sack of shit you are. Jump in front of a train.

Oh how quickly he moves to passionate ad hominem when called on his bullshit.  ::)

There’s a bridge abutment somewhere with your name on it.

« Reply #475 on: May 23, 2021, 03:03:10 PM »
This:

« Reply #476 on: May 23, 2021, 04:39:35 PM »
Simple. When you see people who have literally cowered in their house for the last year and a half convinced that they are guaranteed a 100% chance of death if they catch it, and the vaccines are between 70 and 90% effective, you are putting them "at risk." I get that the vaccine minimizes the symptoms. But if the people who have been cowering ONLY want to see vaccinated people in person because they are still convinced that they will die- who am I do deny them that choice and lie to them? And for what? To visit them?

It just seems that if people want to set their own standards to only see the "virtuous vaxed" that respecting their wishes seems fair. I mean, they outright gave up a year and a half of their life (+ the deteriorating mental health and often times deteriorating physical health) for their beliefs. No matter how stupid I may think they were, they did that. And now for me to decide that they are safe from me seems pretty arrogant. (Even if it is scientifically true.)

Well that is ridiculous, what good is a vaccine then, if it doesn't make the fear of risk go away?  These are some of the most effective vaccinations ever developed, if you look at the numbers.  I should be able to stride into my uncle's barbecue full of rabid science-denying Trumpy coofers with impunity, whereas last summer I could not, and, since most of them were exposed to it last year, it shouldn't be a concern for anyone.

There are people on both sides of this who love the fight and want to keep it going over increasingly stupid things just when it looks like it might be over.  Politics -- which I have argued this is all about, exploiting the classic divide between individual liberty and collective responsibility -- is usually shouting about abstractions but it's powerfully addictive to give people a chance to act out their principles in little dramas every day in front of their neighbors, complete with silly rituals and props.

My grocery store has taken up its one-way-aisle signage that no one payed any attention to, and I saw one lady without a mask but she rushed past me with a dirty look because I am of course still wearing mine for another couple weeks and she couldn't tell I was happy to see her.

« Reply #477 on: May 23, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »
I have personally been entering all establishments without my mask. I keep the restrictive breathing apparatus in my fucking pocket. I would like to mention here that people have long-term, detrimental health side-effects as a result of constantly wearing, said (Stupid mask.)

If someone makes a fuss, I act dumb. If they really make a fuss and I'm truly not supposed to go without the mask in that individual establishment, I tell them that I forgot and then proceed to put the dumb mask on. (And I put it on without covering my nose. Funny how no one complains then! Virtue signaling mother fuckers!)

If everyone did this that opposed the masks, the markets would be overrun with people that "forgot to put on the mask."

So, fucking do it or die weak. >:(

Do you also go in the out door?

« Reply #478 on: May 23, 2021, 04:43:26 PM »
Do you also go in the out door?

Such a Karen. ::)

« Reply #479 on: May 23, 2021, 04:50:42 PM »
Such a Karen. ::)

No way!  I laugh at you guys because I think you are hilarious.  I see you at the store, can't keep the mask up because it is too small for your fat red faces, walking all hunchy and glaring around at everyone like you are being punished, all hopped up on that talk radio bullshit, why don't you just go to the drive-through if it makes you so angry?