Author Topic: The GabCast  (Read 50707 times)

Re: The GabCast Returns
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2021, 07:49:22 AM »
As far as I recall, MV said that the build-up to the live stream will be promoted as a Facebook event (presumably on the BellGab Facebook group).

I'll bookmark this post, to get to the bottom of what it is you're asking.

BUT will the Gab Blast be on YT as before https://www.youtube.com/user/mvandeven

or on FB where only the privileged can go?

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2021, 07:50:43 AM »
BUT will the Gab Blast be on YT as before[?]

YES.

If and when I get the link, I'll share it here.

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2021, 12:47:22 PM »
the live stream will be a Facebook event

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 12:49:29 PM »

That’s Rubini’s finger on that button.

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2021, 12:54:35 PM »

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2021, 02:44:51 PM »
Link with a countdown would be reassuring.

Is Bellgab intact? In limbo? Revivable? Is anything salvageable?

Yes, the massive BellGab file is intact & revivable.  Nothing to salvage as it is undamaged.  It is in limbo, however:  it needs a server upon which to run.  He is going to set up a server at home so that he can browse BellGab and display whatever thread(s) they will discus on the GabCast.

Do not get your hopes up;  this server he is setting up will not be connected to the internet;  this is just so he can navigate and display the relevant threads on the GabCast.

Last I spoke with him, building this home-server was what he was currently working on.

-Executive Producer, GabCast

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2021, 02:59:40 PM »
Yes, the massive BellGab file is intact & revivable. 

Server logs, For Sale: archived once.

Re: The ClownCast Rodeo
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »
Do not get your hopes up; 

UPGRADE.

... Coward.

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2021, 04:16:56 PM »

LMFAO!!!

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2021, 04:20:32 PM »
Yes, the massive BellGab file is intact & revivable.  Nothing to salvage as it is undamaged.  It is in limbo, however:  it needs a server upon which to run.  He is going to set up a server at home so that he can browse BellGab and display whatever thread(s) they will discus on the GabCast.

Do not get your hopes up;  this server he is setting up will not be connected to the internet;  this is just so he can navigate and display the relevant threads on the GabCast.

Last I spoke with him, building this home-server was what he was currently working on.

Look at you-- telling tales outta school!

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2021, 04:49:27 PM »
Look at you-- telling tales outta school!

Telling tales?  I am not quite sure what you mean by that.

Just a little promotional teaser with an "Inside Baseball" glimpse at the sausage-making process that will hopefully result in yet another fantastic GabCast, perhaps as soon as tomorrow night!

That was good to hear, I am glad you and Lee! finally got together on that interesting idea for the show!

I am excited about the prospect of possibly being able to run the soundboard so Lee! can focus on the show.

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2021, 05:30:41 PM »
Telling tales? I am not quite sure what you mean by that.

I was jus' kiddin' around, buddy.

#pals

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2021, 05:57:51 PM »
I am excited about the prospect of possibly being able to run the soundboard so Lee! can focus on the show.

Congratulations on your promotion, P. Dawg!

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2021, 06:10:29 PM »
Congratulations on your promotion, P. Dawg!

I don't know about promotion, I am just an Executive Producer after all.

The soundboard thing is something that should be do-able, but setting it up has been plagued with technical difficulties.

That is all a bunch of "Inside Baseball" stuff that is probably not interesting to the general audience.

Suffice it to say that over the years we have tried to make that happen a couple of times, but so far due to esoteric technical issues it has been unsuccessful.

I believe that another attempt is being made on this front, but it is a low priority bell and/or whistle that isn't necessary (although it would be nice) for "the show to go on," as it were.

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2021, 06:20:58 PM »
That is all a bunch of "Inside Baseball" stuff that is probably not interesting to the general audience.

Oh, I dunno about that.

You'd be surprised what people are into.