Author Topic: "Hey Roz,.." or Questions for Roswell's, Art thread  (Read 23019 times)

Re: "Hey Roz,.." or Questions for Roswell's, Art thread
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2021, 09:18:43 PM »
Farm-to-Table as a 'concept' restaurant is a bit passe I think.  Don't get me wrong, I am all about local-sourced ingredients as much as possible but I don't think I want to plaster it all over the menu.  Honestly that should be a "given" at any fine restaurant...

My goof-ball restaurant idea is a place that actually turns a profit, or at least is profitable for the people working in it anyway.

I have several ideas on the 'concept,' most are probably doomed to failure.

My personal favorite, that is more of a joke than anything, is to have a "Bush Meat" restaurant.  Of course that would be illegal, but I like to think of the Free Advertising that the permanent-PETA-protest out front would generate.  As a bonus, I would probably be able to charge a premium for a hunk of lightly grilled blood-rare elephant/zebra/dolphin/etc...  Maybe Azzerae could help me source some of that sweet endangered species meat, and quite possibly elephant is actually delicious, I couldn't say.

I hope that did not horrify you too much, a joke in "bad taste" as it were:  Ha!

Yeah, haha, I don't give a fuck about animals either. Hey, do you mind if I eat your dogs?

Seriously, though, maybe you can have live animals that you kill and clean in front of their family and serve them fresh.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2021, 09:38:36 PM »
maybe you can have live animals that you kill and clean in front of their family and serve them fresh.

I would pay $50 a plate to eat at an establishment like this

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2021, 11:28:49 PM »
Roz,

How many Gin and Tonics did Shreddie gulp down before he posted this tripe?

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2021, 12:29:40 AM »
I tried to warn u guys  :( about the burgers

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2021, 12:36:15 AM »

WHERE DA BURGER?!

Re: "Hey Roz,.." or Q—Art thread
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2021, 12:38:45 AM »
I have a great many questions to ask Roz, hopefully some will be answered.

Hey Roz,
If you were me, [...] ?
TIA

-pate

pate, you ignorant slut. You don't even understand that there are Presidential-level on-goings on here, and—look @you—here you are, (using boldface,) like it don't mean a thing. Sad!

I will begin with this one:

Remember that a lot of people have kicked off their colon that way. And, what's that emoticon... bionic, bucolic, or bubonic?

This happens on every planet where people are forced into taking vacations and have a North. I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you, and it's too late—REGARDLESS.

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2021, 12:40:55 AM »
Working in a kitchen kind of sucks.

Today is a good day to die... but today, We say, not today.

I was replying to your bold text.

NOT TODAY, FISHWIFE.

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2021, 12:42:22 AM »
WHERE DA BURGER?!
I don't understand you. It's ok. Someday we'll find it, The Rainbow Connection:

There it is again: the colon. We talked about this.
Who can relate?

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2021, 12:47:00 AM »
Roz,

How many Gin and Tonics did Shreddie gulp down before he posted this tripe?

« Reply #37 on: Today at 17:40:55 »
« Reply #36 on: Today at 12:40:55 AM »

TDP PHASE IV IGNITION COUNTDOWN COLD START CONFIRMED
DESIGNATED QB: (CLASSIFIED)
UNDERSTUDY: ShayP
EWPFC

TIEII? K.

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2021, 04:58:38 AM »
I don't understand you. It's ok. Someday we'll find it, The Rainbow Connection:

Ah, the transmission probably got garbled by trans-dimensional affects.  All to common, I find.

Speaking of Rainbows, in my native dimension this is the flag for the country known as "Lessor Angleterre:"

It is on an insignificant tiny island off the coast of France, and was actually a vassal-state to France up until the 19th century when this very bad man named Lex Britler did some rather nasty things that ended up causing a world war.  Thankfully, the only World War we ever had.

I understand in yore thyme-lein you have had THREE world wars, and are currently building up to your FOURTH:  Have you decided which side you will be on in this next one?

Thank you for your thyme.

I hope this communique isn't garbled like that last one must have been, apogees!

-COL Manly

Re: "Hey Roz,.."
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2021, 01:03:54 PM »
this very bad man named Lex Britler

Well, at least it doesn't sound like a *script.*

Look, if this seems like a more satisfying avocation than working on the SCA's reboot of "Timecop," I suppose that's just because you don't enjoy documentaries as much as I do, since I only watch them to check their spelling and deductive reasoning. Do you know how satisfying it is to not only stand up in the middle of a crowded theater and yell, "You're wrong, Fatso!" while pointing and dancing and flinging shadowpuppets that may or may not be gangsign... but to also know that you are correct without having to wait for a push notification from Facebook?

It is breaktaking. Assuring you. Meanwhile, your application is still in the fax machine's overflow buffer, so don't worry, we can burn the moon when the cows are finished jumping over it. Or, wait... is the moon simply... counting cows?

Not sure. (Don't click that link btw, I put it here solely to see if it would trigger THE HOUNDS. kkkkkkkkkkkkkkilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll) That is the worst song in the history of humankind, right? I need a baseline on this, don't ask why.

All to common, I find.

HOTFIX: pate is no longer able to schedule War Room Briefings in any location except an actual "War Room," which does not include any shithouse, at all, no matter what color the urinals have been painted.

HOTFIX: Jackstar gets to trifle with ewe and you get to make jokes about it that I am sure you and your sisters will all think are terrifically humourous. You're welcome.

HOTFIX: All sacrificial lambs now become Banshees of the Laandsraad instantly upon any cord severing—the standard 3/30/300 day waiting/grace periods are henceforth removed from this organism's genome structure. This was done to neatly terminate the use of a certain exploit that most of you had no idea even existed.

HOTFIX: Jackstar may now equip heavy blunt force weapons—but only as a courtesy.

HOTFIX: You need a fifth thing fixed today. You've got Me. I FIX.

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2021, 01:06:15 PM »
TIEII? K.

And, just for the record, Troopers: those Q people fucking hate me. Rawr. What? Did I break your toy? That's too bad.

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2021, 01:14:16 AM »
What does any of that have to do with botany?

I would use the property I owned.

To the casual observer my dream restaurant (the one on the property I own) has nothing to do with Botany.

I apologize, my Concrete Randomness often interferes with certain individuals ability to fully grok, as it were.  I will return to this "Concrete Randomness" idea after I have illustrated the tenuous connection Botany has to my Dream Restaurant.

Part of the dining area for this purely notional Dream Restaurant, especially if it is to be opened on the property I already own, will be an outdoor dining area.  I plan to have all of the plants labeled with small plaques giving both common and scientific names, and perhaps a little bit of verbiage that could be anything from a quote relating to the plant, an interesting factiod about the plant OR failing either of those perhaps just some random non sequitor that may cause an eyebrow to be raised.  For certain, a degree in Botany would not be required but some familiarity with the subject probably would.

I hope the above was a sufficient explanation of how my Dream Restaurant relates to Botany, however arbitrary and random it may seem.  This leads me to my promise of returning to this "Concrete Random" thing.

Back in the 1970's (I think) there was this guy named Dr. Gregorc... which I think rhymes with "dork," and also conjures up images of Tolkienesque and/or Dungeons & Dragonesque monsters, I digress.  Below is an info-graphic outlining and summarizing his theory:

...which is a sort of Semantic Rectangle that attempts to categorize people.  Some goofball teacher in my youth made her students take some sort of test to find out what sort you were.  Before we took the test, the different "types" were described or we were presented with a chart similar to the one above.  Me being me, I decided that I was probably a Concrete Random-type, and whether or not I am I figured out while taking the test which answers to give to arrive at a test result that indicated "Concrete Random."

I suspect, the difficulty we are having here (re: your bolded question above) is due to your being either "Abstract" or "Sequential," hopefully not the "Concrete Sequential" as I find those folks quite tiresome and boring...

Were I a betting man, or a risk-taker I would put my money on you being an "Abstract Sequential" type.

So this leads me to my question for the oracle (you) of this post:

Hey Roz,
Have you ever heard of this Dr. Gregorc dork, and if so do you know what "type" you are?

-pate

Re: Questions for Roswell's, Art thread
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2021, 05:41:46 AM »
What? Did I break your toy? That's too bad.

HOTFIX: The Quincunx has re-assembled.
HOTFIX: I'm fine! Thanks for asking.

Nobody move, or the bunny gets it. Would anyone like to see my bunny?

Re: Questions for Roswells, Art (JS diversion)
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2021, 06:57:30 AM »
HOTFIX: The Quincunx has re-assembled.
HOTFIX: I'm fine! Thanks for asking.

Nobody move, or the bunny gets it. Would anyone like to see my bunny?

We have a good idea.