Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths (Anti-viral edition)  (Read 13031 times)

Re: Celebrity Deaths (Anti-viral edition)
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2022, 06:05:36 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/star-trek-actress-nichelle-nichols-dead-89

No, I'm not going to open hailing frequencies, but that's a good one.

(She says she's busy. 3 days. But she doesn't talk to crackers, you’ll have to get somebody else.)

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2022, 09:00:57 PM »

:'(

Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2022, 08:34:15 AM »

« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2022, 10:36:56 AM »

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2022, 07:21:21 AM »
And after this, he was gonna invent the Sports Bra

I can explain:

find me on Twitter:
@KucziMETA
@1lingold
@_n_Jack
@WorthAugerK

This isn't anything nefarious, and let me make this extremely clear... I don't want multiple Twitter accounts. I need a separate Twitter for each Gab-scion board because of the following reasons:

1) Some people want to be friends with me and don't want to be exposed to other people who want to be friends with me, and it's not fair to make me bear the lion's share of the implied ostracism that my "friend-to-all" policy inevitably creates, all by my lonesome. Thus, arrangements are being made, and will continue to be made, by Order of The Divine Authority. (Call them. Go on. Make my day.)

2) I didn't ask for Turbo Mode... I asked for a voiceprint. That's all I asked for, and that was all. Because that's what I fucking needed. Because someone disassembled my Flex Capacitor, which, by the way, I'm not -real- upset about, but, got-damn, way to prove it was actually doing something useful, because without it, none of my tech was working worth a tinker's damn. Thanks, Disassembler. Nice job. What are you gonna do for an encore? Shut down the protection grid? Okay, Dickless. *massive rolleyes*

fuck me on TruthSocial:
@KUCZI

3) I'm an athlete. Deal with it.

Poor Coolio. I guess he never listened to Soundgarden (pours out a 55, which is like a forty, but fifteen better, innit)?

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2023, 05:54:01 PM »

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2023, 09:06:06 AM »
Sixto Rodriguez, star and subject of Searching for Sugar Man, dead at 81

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2023, 11:47:43 PM »

:'(

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2023, 05:02:26 PM »

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2023, 08:19:09 AM »

Joe Matt 1963-2023, by Chris Oliveros

Julia Pohl-Miranda | September 18, 2023

I first met Joe Matt in 1989, just as I was putting together the very first issue of Drawn & Quarterly. At the time, we both lived in Montreal and I had mailed him a letter, out of the blue, asking him if he could contribute to this new start-up comics anthology. A couple of weeks later he knocked on my door, in lieu of writing back (that's how things worked before the internet), and I’m pretty sure he had with him a bunch of new comics pages that he just completed, all of which made it into that first issue.

I got to know him pretty well in those early days, before he moved to Toronto the following year. He was always so incredibly funny, and balanced that with an in-your-face, sometimes unsettling honesty — kind of exactly like his comics! Along with Julie Doucet, Seth, Chester Brown, Adrian Tomine, Maurice Vellekoop, Debbie Drechsler, and many other talented cartoonists, Joe’s comics would go on to shape and define D+Q's identity in its first decade.

One of my favorite comics of his is Fair Weather, a book that takes an unflinching look at his childhood growing up in Philadelphia suburb. And his final book, Spent, might be his finest work: aside from being hilarious, Joe's skills as a cartoonist had reached top form, which unfortunately I don’t think a lot of people gave him enough credit for. And even though I never gave in to Joe’s pleas over the years to publish the complete "Jam Sketchbook," I'll admit that some of those strips were pretty damn funny.

I'm still having a hard time grappling with the fact that Joe barely made it past 60. It really seemed like he was going to outlive us all. I'm really grateful for the time I got to know Joe and work with him, and I’m shocked to find myself writing a tribute to him on his death.

Joe Matt at San Diego Comic-Con in 2002

OP at drawnandquarterly.com/news/joe-matt-1963-2023-by-chris-oliveros