Author Topic: All things related to home recording, gear, streaming, podcasting, and tech.  (Read 10820 times)

I decided to start a thread about this subject instead of cluttering the rest of the forum with crap most of yall don't care about. However, this could prove useful for us content creators like Azzerae and Jacko.
It could also prove useful for those of you straddling the fence and are hesitant to leap. #Pate

What is a DAW?

Do you need a Sound card/Audio Interface

Audio Interface

Acoustic Treatment

What's a microphone preamp?

So, you want that perfect Art Bell radio voice?

Umm...Art used the mic that all pros use:

I decided to start a thread about this subject instead of cluttering the rest of the forum with crap most of yall don't care about. However, this could prove useful for us content creators like Azzerae and Jacko.
It could also prove useful for those of you straddling the fence and are hesitant to leap. #Pate

What is a DAW?

Code: [Select]
https://youtu.be/uqEqn2Ns3rk
Do you need a Sound card/Audio Interface

https://youtu.be/kAdH_l5meWg
Audio Interface
https://youtu.be/aK1H7utrp_M
Acoustic Treatment

https://youtu.be/lbLVjHfHahg
What's a microphone preamp?

https://youtu.be/HDWl3U7pGQk
So, you want that perfect Art Bell radio voice?
https://youtu.be/qKcyINVNmkI

I suppose I could bore the masses  with a podcast (or more likely the two or three lishunners I might actually amass after much blood, sweat and tears).  I actually do have a few ideas, but first I would like to turn the attic into a proper podcast studio.  Unfortunately:

My better bet would be to ride someone else's coat-tails along the path to successful (and lucrative) podcasting, I believe.  There are many examples of this "ride the coat-tails" strategy in the BellGab-verse that I could cite, or further afield in the greater IntarTube-verse as well.  Heck, I could do an entire mini-podcast-series on that subject alone, which would actually be fucking hilarious.  It is too bad that my personal Thyme to Dollars ratio seems to always be inversely related.

Nautical Shore.

Umm...Art used the mic that all pros use:
Well, the Heil PR40 looks like a great microphone also. ;) However, most of us don't have the low bellowing voice Art had. What I like about the Shure sm7b is that it has frequency adjustments on the back. I raise the high-end and keep my lows flat. Also, Michael Jackson used this mic on the entire Thriller album. And that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but Shure sure does use it as a selling point! ;)

"ride the coat-tails"

Wanna Take a Ride!? ;D

Don't fry your dynamic microphone! ;D

Well, the Heil PR40 looks like a great microphone also. ;) However, most of us don't have the low bellowing voice Art had. What I like about the Shure sm7b is that it has frequency adjustments on the back. I raise the high-end and keep my lows flat. Also, Michael Jackson used this mic on the entire Thriller album. And that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but Shure sure does use it as a selling point! ;)

Heh heh...it’s a good mic too. I think Jimmy Dore uses them on his show.

Heh heh...it’s a good mic too. I think Jimmy Dore uses them on his show.

Yes, indeed. So does Joe Rogan and a multitude of others. ;)

Wanna Take a Ride!? ;D

I'd like to get a look at what happens when I sincerely apologize to her for utterly overwriting her entire career with my blowhard hotair total domination of her alleged chosen subject matter before taking any rides from or with her. She seems a little bent out of shape over things, honestly.

In any event, I will admit that casting "Teleport: Heather Wade" was a cool spell. I certainly don't object to her being in any bed in my presecnce, altough I always rather imagined one like in I Dream Of Jeannie. (Which, I never did, but I am considering at this time.

It is an exciting time. I get to learn how to teleport! Please God, please... anyone, but from anyone but HW do I wish to learn that. Mr. Miyagi not around? I can resurrect him for you, just like that. *snap*

Do you know how bad this gal wants to be Fifth Wife? Pretty bad. I bet she'll salivating over my MULTI-PASS--of course, I have one, 5:5, birthday, movie premier, and no I didn't understand it immediately... I had to wait for someone's pet chicken to come and start tapping on my magic stones with their puny beaks.

Stay Tuned. I'm not even kidding. Oh, Christ, it's The Templar and The Wolf again. Good doggie. You get biscuit? BYOB, Wonder Maggot.

I'd like to get a look at what happens when I sincerely apologize to her for utterly overwriting her entire career with my blowhard hotair total domination of her alleged chosen subject matter before taking any rides from or with her. She seems a little bent out of shape over things, honestly.

In any event, I will admit that casting "Teleport: Heather Wade" was a cool spell. I certainly don't object to her being in any bed in my presecnce, altough I always rather imagined one like in I Dream Of Jeannie. (Which, I never did, but I am considering at this time.

It is an exciting time. I get to learn how to teleport! Please God, please... anyone, but from anyone but HW do I wish to learn that. Mr. Miyagi not around? I can resurrect him for you, just like that. *snap*

Do you know how bad this gal wants to be Fifth Wife? Pretty bad. I bet she'll salivating over my MULTI-PASS--of course, I have one, 5:5, birthday, movie premier, and no I didn't understand it immediately... I had to wait for someone's pet chicken to come and start tapping on my magic stones with their puny beaks.

Stay Tuned. I'm not even kidding. Oh, Christ, it's The Templar and The Wolf again. Good doggie. You get biscuit? BYOB, Wonder Maggot.

I may sound harsh, but it is the APeX of the truest love there can be: the love of a man for his discipline, that being its' own reward, and watching this yokel coaster clown up and down his way through this fine mess we have for ourselves—future historians will curse the descendants of each and every one of you for not more discipline, I assure you—is one of the more relaxing aspects of 5D reality I have encountered.

Like, I don't know this wolfdog is a theriotype. Then again... well, look, at least this ensures that everyone knows that "Spiritual Island Wonder Nigger Boy" is intended to be perceived wholly in jest.

I won't lie, he's ivory white, doesn't smell... kinda still walks like a conscript. I've been hoping he'll be willing to play some fetch with me, I thought about putting some MDMA or some doggy coke on a tennis ball, see if I can get him a taste for it, and well... I like him as he is. My other companion seems to express amazement that I am not frightened by the shapeshifting lad—believe Me, know Me, Trust Me, this wolfgoatdog Chimera runner wants to rip out my fucking jugular and drink my blood down in one huge gulp. Look, I say "wolfgoatdog" for effect... fact is, the kid is an actual, legitimate beast.

Now, let's see him chew on a book or something. Look, if all this shit is so easy, why don't you non-Sourcerors do any of it? You've had fucking how many years? And this is as far as you've gotten in "helping" me?

Four years in, no, "btw my kid is Wolfman, Jack" at all, this Clydesdale just saunters in and he hangs out, so of course, I guess he learned to shift into something that can fly.

Like his ego. Through the trees. Climb away, my Boy, let your spirit carry thee.... TO THUNDERDOME. See ya there. Love ya! BTW: my mother owns your grandfather. I saw it in his eyes. Any comment?

Any comment, SWINB/SWING? That's what I'm naming you now. Strictly for calculatory purposes. I have to do alchemy and shit now. Peace out yo, and word... word to your mother.

So, wait, let me get this straight... you're a canine, in reality, have I got that right? Was I supposed to not mention that observation? Help me out here. Help me out with those little paws. They are actually really cute. Why bother with the skateboard at all? Oh, right: gotta keep the Back To The FUtore stuff as legit as posssible.

Do the same for the fire hydrants, Bombtown: keep it legit. Also, your mother seems to be unable to get through security, which is not going to last for long, and believe me, marry her as many times as you want... she's still mine now, by the rules of your tribe, and that's how it is. DEAL WITH IT.

Thank you for not peeing on the rug. Who's a good boy? Oh, by all means... U. Big way. Oh yeah. U good boy all right.

P.S.: Your biological father is my uncle. He's in Heaven now. I went there today. (Portal.) Big surprise. Just saw him walking by.

Look, tell you what, I'm gonna give you a few lessons in bottling. #1, always let the Wookie cap the bottle. #2... that's no bottle. That's a Space station.

Call me when you have something consequential happening. *clique poetry slam*
p.s. thank you for not peeing on the carpet or my wife's shoes. Semper fi.

You know, if someone would stop stealing all the Crystal Healing Chambers as soon as they come out of drydock, even before they hit Portaltown, well... look, some people are healed plenty, you know? They need a break, you know?

Woof. 90 days woof. Ruff!

I may sound harsh, but it is the APeX of the truest love there can be: the love of a man for his discipline, that being its' own reward, and watching this yokel coaster clown up and down his way through this fine mess we have for ourselves—future historians will curse the descendants of each and every one of you for not more discipline, I assure you—is one of the more relaxing aspects of 5D reality I have encountered.

Like, I don't know this wolfdog is a theriotype. Then again... well, look, at least this ensures that everyone knows that "Spiritual Island Wonder Nigger Boy" is intended to be perceived wholly in jest.

I won't lie, he's ivory white, doesn't smell... kinda still walks like a conscript. I've been hoping he'll be willing to play some fetch with me, I thought about putting some MDMA or some doggy coke on a tennis ball, see if I can get him a taste for it, and well... I like him as he is. My other companion seems to express amazement that I am not frightened by the shapeshifting lad—believe Me, know Me, Trust Me, this wolfgoatdog Chimera runner wants to rip out my fucking jugular and drink my blood down in one huge gulp. Look, I say "wolfgoatdog" for effect... fact is, the kid is an actual, legitimate beast.

Now, let's see him chew on a book or something. Look, if all this shit is so easy, why don't you non-Sourcerors do any of it? You've had fucking how many years? And this is as far as you've gotten in "helping" me?

Four years in, no, "btw my kid is Wolfman, Jack" at all, this Clydesdale just saunters in and he hangs out, so of course, I guess he learned to shift into something that can fly.

Like his ego. Through the trees. Climb away, my Boy, let your spirit carry thee.... TO THUNDERDOME. See ya there. Love ya! BTW: my mother owns your grandfather. I saw it in his eyes. Any comment?

Any comment, SWINB/SWING? That's what I'm naming you now. Strictly for calculatory purposes. I have to do alchemy and shit now. Peace out yo, and word... word to your mother.

So, wait, let me get this straight... you're a canine, in reality, have I got that right? Was I supposed to not mention that observation? Help me out here. Help me out with those little paws. They are actually really cute. Why bother with the skateboard at all? Oh, right: gotta keep the Back To The FUtore stuff as legit as posssible.

Do the same for the fire hydrants, Bombtown: keep it legit. Also, your mother seems to be unable to get through security, which is not going to last for long, and believe me, marry her as many times as you want... she's still mine now, by the rules of your tribe, and that's how it is. DEAL WITH IT.

Thank you for not peeing on the rug. Who's a good boy? Oh, by all means... U. Big way. Oh yeah. U good boy all right.

P.S.: Your biological father is my uncle. He's in Heaven now. I went there today. (Portal.) Big surprise. Just saw him walking by.

Look, tell you what, I'm gonna give you a few lessons in bottling. #1, always let the Wookie cap the bottle. #2... that's no bottle. That's a Space station.

Call me when you have something consequential happening. *clique poetry slam*
p.s. thank you for not peeing on the carpet or my wife's shoes. Semper fi.

You know, if someone would stop stealing all the Crystal Healing Chambers as soon as they come out of drydock, even before they hit Portaltown, well... look, some people are healed plenty, you know? They need a break, you know?

Woof. 90 days woof. Ruff!

Check this out:

I haven't downloaded the "app" or program the dude wrote for that vidya, so no idea how functional/loaded with Mall-Where it might be.  But some of the tones he generates using fractal sets are pretty cool.

I am putting this into my "home-studio toolkit," although I think I will try to find the source-code for his little program/app.  I am sure it works well enough for what he is doing with it.  I might want to tweak it for, reasons.

Check this out:

I haven't downloaded the "app" or program the dude wrote for that vidya, so no idea how functional/loaded with Mall-Where it might be.  But some of the tones he generates using fractal sets are pretty cool.

I am putting this into my "home-studio toolkit," although I think I will try to find the source-code for his little program/app.  I am sure it works well enough for what he is doing with it.  I might want to tweak it for, reasons.

I like these concepts. :D 

It would be fun to download the app and run it through my eurorack modules. I wonder how this concept would work when working exclusively with the Fibonacci Sequence? All the possible sounds that could be made passing this through my Mutable Instruments Clouds, Rings, Instant LoFi Junky, and oh, wait until the Morpheus gets a hold of it! Adding different textures, reverbs, and distortions are great fun. Better yet, this should be designed in modular form factor for my eurorack.

Creation is the greatest artist. ;)