Author Topic: All things related to home recording, gear, streaming, podcasting, and tech.  (Read 10818 times)

We have the same musical taste. :D

Hey, Trollda. I'm in a 10 step program, dude. Come on, man. :D

The next interface I will purchase is.

Re: All things related to home recording, podcasting, and tech.
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2021, 02:14:07 AM »
All things related to home recording, podcasting, and tech., this could prove useful for Azzerae and Jacko.

Apparently MV's success in the industry is his secret use of AutoTune

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2021, 02:28:17 AM »

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2021, 02:43:04 AM »

;D

It could also prove useful for those of you straddling the fence and are hesitant to leap. #Pate

I actually have a few really lame ideas.  Still lack the thyme, but I might waste some of the precious stuff in the next few weeks on the winter break.

I think I have "WinDOze MovieMaker" somewhere on one of the masheens, but as I recall it was a big piece of carp/goldfish.

I have a couple of cameras, tripods & etc to record vidya & sound.  All sub-standard I imagine, I think I even have a really crappy $5 USB microphone that MV hated, but it would be suitable for "voice-over" work.  I think between all the disparate pieces of shitty equipment I could kludge together a decent "pod-cast" presentation...

The only thing I lack is some sort of Studio Editor thingamabob.  I don't think the "WinDOze MovieMaker" has the ability to strip audio from a video feed or to overlay audio over the same.

Is there a decent free/share-ware that is capable of some sort of A/V editorial shenanigans?  I could totally go "Full Retard" with some limited kludgy shit.

Code: [Select]
https://youtu.be/DQLXY51uWLg

I actually have a few really lame ideas.  Still lack the thyme, but I might waste some of the precious stuff in the next few weeks on the winter break.

I think I have "WinDOze MovieMaker" somewhere on one of the masheens, but as I recall it was a big piece of carp/goldfish.

I have a couple of cameras, tripods & etc to record vidya & sound.  All sub-standard I imagine, I think I even have a really crappy $5 USB microphone that MV hated, but it would be suitable for "voice-over" work.  I think between all the disparate pieces of shitty equipment I could kludge together a decent "pod-cast" presentation...

The only thing I lack is some sort of Studio Editor thingamabob.  I don't think the "WinDOze MovieMaker" has the ability to strip audio from a video feed or to overlay audio over the same.

Is there a decent free/share-ware that is capable of some sort of A/V editorial shenanigans?  I could totally go "Full Retard" with some limited kludgy shit.

Code: [Select]
https://youtu.be/DQLXY51uWLg

My dearest Pate,

If you’re unsure of your level of commitment and time and just want to have some fun, I’d simply utilize the free Windows 10/11 Video Editor.

You can use something like Soundflower to capture any audio/video from the Internet and simply perform a drag & drop to your video editor. You can then align, edit, and splice the audio and video to your liking. The video editing software, as with any video editing software, will have limited editing functionality for the audio you place inside it. Your computer will act as your soundcard, and you can use your little USB mic that gives MV major prune-face.

Digital audio/video software programs shine best all on their own.

If you feel inspired and want to take the leap, I'd purchase a simple audio interface, studio monitors (or decent pair of studio headphones), a Shure SM57, and then download a good Digital Audio Workstation like Reaper.

Reaper has a 60-day free trial and will only cost you $100.00 for purchase after the free trial expires if you decide to.

You can still use Reaper without an audio interface by simply using your computer's soundcard. This just means that your analog to digital conversion will be dirty when bringing in any source from outside your computer, like, say a microphone and guitar. You also won't have any way to add studio monitors, headphones, or a good microphone that needs a quality preamp. However, you will have the full functionality of Reaper that will allow you to use unique tools for detailed scrubbing, splicing, fades, stripping silence, EQ, reverb, compression, quantizer, gates, sound manipulation, and so on.

If you decide to purchase an audio interface, get one with a headphone jack on the front face so you can add studio monitors to it later.

You can do this in tiny baby steps and have lots of fun along the way.

Your buddy, IR