Author Topic: Maths, Mathematics, Calculus, DiffEq &c...  (Read 7042 times)

Maths, Mathematics, Calculus, DiffEq &c...
« on: December 15, 2021, 06:03:34 AM »
I haven't bothered to check for a solution(s) to the following:

1^n(x₁)=10^n(x₂), given: n=f(x)

But I suspect there is at least one...

I am all out of AAA batteries for my old Texas Instruments graphing calculator, Nautical Shore.

Re: Maths, Mathematics, Calculus, DiffEq &c...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 07:55:07 AM »
I haven't bothered to check for a solution(s)

Oh, how happy I would be;
To solve mysteries in your mystery machine.

my old Texas Instruments graphing calculator

The new ones run on biodiesel and mine for crypto while idle. Upgrade is recommended.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 06:32:11 AM »
Oh, how happy I would be;
To solve mysteries in your mystery machine.

The new ones run on biodiesel and mine for crypto while idle... Upgrade ...is recommended.

An amusing answer, do you mean "real" or "old skool" by that?

Axing for a fiend.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 06:46:35 AM »
I have been scouring the interneural networks hoping to find some satisfying solution for the square root of 69. This entry seems to approximate the desired result.

Is she really a billionaire?

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 07:04:22 AM »

I don't know, but her accountant is a real tightwad.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 12:29:11 PM »
84, what an amateur. Real time travellers know that 86 is the year to be. ::)
Code: [Select]
https://youtu.be/RDmaclkgSjs
I originally read this as "84=84", which is a no-brane solution.

84=86 presents a DiffEq!

Simply
84^n=86^n does not seem to encapsulate the:

1984=ᵃnₓ & 1986=ᵃn₂^(x)

The simple solution seems evident.

Noice, Doc!

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 04:58:16 AM »
I have been scouring the interneural networks hoping to find some satisfying solution for the square root of 69. This entry seems to approximate the desired result.

\
To the last: mebbe?

To the first: that sort of calculation only involves "doo" numbers.

69^1/3=n

The Archimedes(sp) sieve method fails hear:  Odd≠Prime

69≠13^4, 69≠13^1/3, 69^2=4761,  69=3x13...\\

It all falls apart after 1.  1 is not a prime number?

-1 is not a prime number?

Nautical Shore.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 05:40:50 AM »
I decided that it would be nice to have a custom font that I could use to write out Lewis structures:

If a font like that exists, I didn't find it.  I have long wanted to make a custom font for pateois and tonight I found two font-making programs, Birdfont and Font Forge.  Font Forge is probably the better one, but it is rather complicated.  Birdfont is very slow, at least the version of it I got, and is almost unusable.  I will have to see if perhaps there is a better version more appropriate for my machine.  It might prove to be simpler than the other one.

I figure once I have taught myself how to make the appropriate symbols for the Lewis structures, I can move on to adding mathematical symbols to it.  The sum function being one of the demons I wish to conquer. 

It would be nice to be able to type that in a document without having to resort to the insertion of an image into the document.

nΣi=1=n(n+1)/2 looks too clunky.  I think the Lewis structure problem is essentially the same.

:O:
  /   \
 H    H

Gets the point across, but it doesn't look "sexy" enough for my tastes.  I am not even going to attempt double (or worse triple) covalent bonds that are common with the carbon atom, the "equal sign" will suffice for the former, but what the hell do you use for the latter?  And where are the diagonal ±60° & ±45° "equal signs" you would need to write out a 3-dimensional Lewis structure in the 2d printed page?

So much shit to fix and so little thyme...

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 06:34:08 AM »
I decided that it would be nice to have a custom font that I could use to write out Lewis structures:

If a font like that exists, I didn't find it.  I have long wanted to make a custom font for pateois and tonight I found two font-making programs, Birdfont and Font Forge.  Font Forge is probably the better one, but it is rather complicated.  Birdfont is very slow, at least the version of it I got, and is almost unusable.  I will have to see if perhaps there is a better version more appropriate for my machine.  It might prove to be simpler than the other one.

I figure once I have taught myself how to make the appropriate symbols for the Lewis structures, I can move on to adding mathematical symbols to it.  The sum function being one of the demons I wish to conquer. 

It would be nice to be able to type that in a document without having to resort to the insertion of an image into the document.

nΣi=1=n(n+1)/2 looks too clunky.  I think the Lewis structure problem is essentially the same.

:O:
  /   \
 H    H

Gets the point across, but it doesn't look "sexy" enough for my tastes.  I am not even going to attempt double (or worse triple) covalent bonds that are common with the carbon atom, the "equal sign" will suffice for the former, but what the hell do you use for the latter?  And where are the diagonal ±60° & ±45° "equal signs" you would need to write out a 3-dimensional Lewis structure in the 2d printed page?

So much shit to fix and so little thyme...

This is worth a look.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_TeXmacs

http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/home/welcome.en.html

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 05:24:39 PM »
This is worth a look.

https://youtu.be/iqjgN_KNHgM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_TeXmacs

http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/home/welcome.en.html

I might check those out if my Custom Font project ends up taking too much thyme.  I like the idea of a font because that would be somewhat "portable" and I believe I could use it with different programs (at least ones that allow you to import fonts into them).  I should also look around and see if maybe there is a font for the Linux word processors & etc.  Might have better luck there.

Thanks for the heads up on the TeXmacs, Lazar!

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2022, 02:44:11 AM »
λ = h/mv
h = 6.626 × 10^-34 J(Hz^-1) (Planck constant)   
mass electron = 9.11 × 10^-31 kg
Joules = kg(m^2)/s^2
v = c/λ, c = λv, λ = c/v
c = 3.00 × 10^8 m/s (speed of light)
10^x(10^y)= 10^(x+y)
10x/10y = 10^(x-y)
E = hv, E = hc/λ
1Mol = 6.022(10^23)
E(n) = R(1/n^2) (Principle quantum number)
ΔE = Efinal - Einitial
Rydberg's constant = = 2.18(10^-18) J

I think I put all constant values in bold...

From all that I came up with:

hv = R{(1/nfinal^2) - (1/ninitial^2)}

hv can also be expressed as a wavelength by h/λ, and it should be known that λ is always in meters and v is always in Hz (or Hz^-1, seconds, or seconds^-1)

So given any three of: nfinal, ninitial, λ and/or v you can solve for the unknown:

nfinal = √(R/[hv]) + ninitial

ninitial = nfinal - √(R/[hv])

λ = {Rh(1/nfinal^2) - (1/ninitial^2)}/v

&

v = {R(1/nfinal^2) - (1/ninitial^2)}/h

Which I hope makes it all quite simple for those of you struggling with the concept.

Hopefully, I transcribed the equations correctly:  this neu non-functionality of the super/sub-script thing is going to take some getting used to...

Feel free to correct my "Enstienian" algierbraic errors in comments below.

I may or may not have encoded the above as a mathematical joke, Nautical Shore.

Carrie Anne.

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2022, 01:54:19 PM »

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2022, 03:29:05 PM »
Kind of tired of waking up sober everyday, can You People hurry up and surrender? I need to get my drink on, I need to get my smoke on, I need to do a little gambling—don't You People understand?

I'm an American. I have a life.

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2022, 03:37:22 AM »
Kind of tired of waking up...

One Word:  Fentanyl.

Trust me on this, mang!

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 03:52:47 AM »

One Word:  Fentanyl.

Trust me on this, mang!

I trust you as much as I would trust any other obnoxious self-absorbed narcissistic douchebag idiot.

The Fed doth protest too much. FU ROT