Author Topic: Maths, Mathematics, Calculus, DiffEq &c...  (Read 7041 times)

Re: Maths, Mathematics, Calculus, DiffEq &c...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2022, 01:58:05 AM »

I trust you as much as I would trust any other obnoxious self-absorbed narcissistic douchebag idiot.

A topical question for this thread, and which ever sock-puppet can answer:

Is the number three the first, second or third prime number?

Show your work and explain the reasoning, if able, TIA.

(ediot), Bonus Question: How many prime numbers are there in relation to real numbers?

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 05:52:22 AM »

Yeah, funny that, I had an appointment with my attorney today, and I got rescheduled 25.5 hours. Surely just a coincidence. So yeah I know that you're waiting, what's that like? F*** you? Is it anything like that? Help me out here.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2022, 06:01:54 AM »
Yeah, funny that, I had an appointment with my attorney today, and I got rescheduled 25.5 hours. Surely just a coincidence. So yeah I know that you're waiting, what's that like? Fuck you? Is it anything like that? Help me out here.

Given 25.5 hours at billable rates:  What sort of attorney have you retained?  Have you retained an attorney of any sort?  Did you pay an actual retainer fee?  Do you have need of an attorney due to your methamphetamine habit such that no retainer is required?  Do you often ask God for help?

I re-iterate:

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2022, 07:24:30 AM »
your methamphetamine habit

No such habit, totesinnocent of charge, I don't lie, and I'm not; ergo, no need to retain a lawyer. While this does not make me better than anyone, most of all you, it has saved me one fuckton of money.

Truth be told, I'd rather buy some dope than contract with a shyster, unless he will also mow my lawn.

I'm thinking of turning the dining room into something that looks like the opening credits from Silver Spoons. Except with bongs and hamster tubes — I already have a train outside. Like, right outside. Like across the f****** street. This is my sacred calling in life. Accept your destiny as my acolyte.

TLDR: I'm an occult researcher and cryptoanthropologist. Fuck off, F**(s).

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2023, 06:23:07 PM »
I have recently "discovered" a new fundamental constant.

It will probably be most useful in optimizing the construction of greenhouses for maximum stellar insolation.

I call it the grhaus, or to make it look even cooler the grhäus.  I have not yet decided which Greek letter will represent it, although an uppercase Omega with circumflex looks cool:  .

Much as pi (π) can be approximated by the fraction 7/22, a grhäus () can be roughly approximated by the fraction 4/1461.  Of course, this value is only applicable on Earth and possibly in Earth Orbit:  with some derivation, it should work for Lunar applications;  or one could figure the specific Lunar grhäus () if desired...

I only imagine the utility it may have in other applications, I suspect it will prove revolutionary when dealing with the Equation of Thyme.  For those unfamiliar with the Equation of Thyme, I describe it briefly in the another thread which can be found on AssGrab hear:  http://www.azzgab.co.za/index.php?topic=130.msg11428#msg11428

While I fully expect to be awarded some sort of Science/Mathematics Prize for this, it was really simple and quite obvious in retrospect.  If I am awarded a Nobel Prize or somesuch, I will donate all prize monies to a suitable charitable organization.

I think I will set up a People's Free Democratic Republic of pate fund that will use all proceeds to increase the levels of pleasantness experienced when Citizens of the PFDRp are engaged in Basic Lawn Maintenance activities or something.  For I am the most benevolent of Dictators-for-Life, as I have both said and written.

That is all, Carrie Anne.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2023, 04:15:53 AM »
I have recently "discovered" a new fundamental constant.

It will probably be most useful in optimizing the construction of greenhouses for maximum stellar insolation.

I call it the grhaus, or to make it look even cooler the grhäus.  I have not yet decided which Greek letter will represent it, although an uppercase Omega with circumflex looks cool:  .

Much as pi (π) can be approximated by the fraction 7/22, a grhäus () can be roughly approximated by the fraction 4/1461.  Of course, this value is only applicable on Earth and possibly in Earth Orbit:  with some derivation, it should work for Lunar applications;  or one could figure the specific Lunar grhäus () if desired...

I only imagine the utility it may have in other applications, I suspect it will prove revolutionary when dealing with the Equation of Thyme.  For those unfamiliar with the Equation of Thyme, I describe it briefly in the another thread which can be found on AssGrab hear:  http://www.azzgab.co.za/index.php?topic=130.msg11428#msg11428

While I fully expect to be awarded some sort of Science/Mathematics Prize for this, it was really simple and quite obvious in retrospect.  If I am awarded a Nobel Prize or somesuch, I will donate all prize monies to a suitable charitable organization.

I think I will set up a People's Free Democratic Republic of pate fund that will use all proceeds to increase the levels of pleasantness experienced when Citizens of the PFDRp are engaged in Basic Lawn Maintenance activities or something.  For I am the most benevolent of Dictators-for-Life, as I have both said and written.

That is all, Carrie Anne.

Not to put too great a damper on this revelatory and doubtlessly impressive "discovery", but Ancient Science may have something more to say on the nature of Pi.

According to certain regurgitated internet sources, "Some Egyptologists have claimed that the ancient Egyptians used an approximation of π as 22⁄7 from as early as the Old Kingdom. This claim has been met with skepticism."

Nevertheless, and all controversy aside, this does appear to be a more closely aligned and useful approximation. In no way, however, should this demean the effort that has preceded the marque of your unheralded découverte.

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2023, 05:12:23 AM »
Not to put too great a damper on this revelatory and doubtlessly impressive "discovery", but Ancient Science may have something more to say on the nature of Pi.

According to certain regurgitated internet sources, "Some Egyptologists have claimed that the ancient Egyptians used an approximation of π as 22⁄7 from as early as the Old Kingdom. This claim has been met with skepticism."

Nevertheless, and all controversy aside, this does appear to be a more closely aligned and useful approximation. In no way, however, should this demean the effort that has preceded the marque of your unheralded découverte.

Hah, yes.  Instead of writing 22/7 I did indeed write the reciprocal, which incidentally is just as close an approximation of the reciprocal of π (or 1/π).  In my excitement about the discovery of the grhäus (), I seem to have made a typo.

The grhäus () expressed in radians would be 2π/1461 (this, of course, the Earth specific ).

For shits and giggles I have attempted an approximation of the Martian grhäus (), which I have reduced as far as 10703/7156250 before I got tired of finding common factors.  I note 10703 is divisible by 7 and 7156250 is not.  Neither is 19.5 a common factor to the two, alas!

Problems within the mil.angelic.cel.spec Neurodivergent Necessities Complex have presented themselves and Celestial energies have answered in the affirmative. Beyond this point, I cannot say. I am not a Celestial. I am a human Man.

Not just a man--a Hungarian Man. Still--even for one such as I... there are Limits. The upshot of all this is, the more I learn by watching you, (PROT)... the less I can understand. As the volume of one's knowledge expands, the surface of one's ignorance--the boundary between what One knows, and what One does *not* know--continues its expansion at an exponentially widening ratio.

Imagine a balloon. (*wiggles brow while frowning*) No, no. No, not 99 red luftballoons. I guess it's too late now, isn't it? Okay, so pick one (1) balloon. Oh, oops; that one has been abducted. Balloonnapped, if one wills it.

Hey, I was very clear: "imagine a balloon." Well, you presented me with 99 of the goddam things, so, you're gonna get some breakage. It happens. It's just a balloon, right?

One is as good as another. Right? Got it. Let's rewind Time... imagine a balloon.

Hey... niiice balloon. Okay, how does one inflate the balloon to maximum, without it *pop* Oh, dear. I liked that one, too. I just wanted one balloon, you know? Oh, that's right. You don't know. I started off with one request. And now... I'm surrounded by scraps of shredded latex, 98 children who look like their best friend just died, and a sadface clown, off to the side, holding a bag of empty balloons and standing beside an oxygen tank. A sign on the tank reads: "FREE HEIR."

*sigh* Well, I'm sure we all want that.

The grhäus () expressed in radians would be 2π/1461 (this, of course, the Earth specific ).

For shits and giggles I

Calypso, the places You've been to,
the things that You've shown us, the stories You tell.
Aye, Calypso, I sing to Your Spirit, those mer-men who have served You so long and so well.

Like the dolphin who guides You, You bring us beside You
to light up the darkness and show us the way.
For though we are strangers in Your silent world, to live on the land we must learn from the sea.
To be true as the tide and free as a wind swell, joyful and loving in letting it be.

Aye, Calypso, the places You've been to,
Aye, Calypso, I sing to Your Spirit, those mer-men who have served You so long and so well.

To sail on a dream on a crystal clear ocean, to ride on the crest of the wild raging storm.
To work in the service of life and the living, in search of the answers to questions unknown.

Aye, Calypso, the places You've been to,

To be part of the movement and part of the growing, part of beginning to understand.

*POP*