Author Topic: My Music  (Read 32310 times)

Re: My Music
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2021, 10:33:16 AM »

"Am I part of the cure?  Or am I part of the disease?"

Dear, God.  I pray I'm not of the latter.

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 05:52:36 PM »

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 09:51:01 AM »
Jaysus, Azz:

I am stuck in some sort of hideous Elevator Muzak revival.  There was just a rendition of "Edelweiss" that was horrifying, I felt like I was binge-watching "The Man in the High Castle" again.

Before I get to that, I have to sing a "Song Sung Blue" which is currently being Muzakkilly Murdered:

Now I think they are going into a "Young and The Restless" theme-song-o-matrix thing.

Ouch.  Anyway, the "Edelweiss" muzak, reminded me of:

Which hopefully, were not present in your tortured youth.  Although, that last one was from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" which I recall fondly, as will any memory involving Dicks and Dykes.

Hah!

I think the Muzak channel is massacring a James Bond theme song, it is not McCartney & Wings:

Thankfully, they have moved on to a rendition of "Isn't She Lovely."

Dear God!

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2021, 06:49:47 AM »

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2021, 10:14:21 AM »

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2021, 09:24:57 AM »

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2021, 06:46:52 AM »

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2021, 08:21:37 AM »
Eish. This was s'posed to be a thread to share the music I make myself.

The "general" music thread can be found here.

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2021, 05:32:27 PM »
Eish. This was s'posed to be a thread to share the music I make myself.

The "general" music thread can be found here.

You should consider doing a cover of "Half-Penny, Two-Penny," change some of the lyrics and maybe drop the slightly faggy chorus part.

I took the liberty of putting a few editorial strike-throughs on the faggy chorus and bolding a few cool rhymes, as well as underlining and italicizing a few other bits.

Probably you would want to ditch the melody & beats, maybe find a short bit that sounds good.  I like the goofy guitar riff myself, the one that sort of musically pairs with "Brown Chicken, Brown Cow" it repeats a few times in the opening before he starts "singing." Do some lyrical modifications to suit *your style* and run with it?

Anyway, I am willing to bet that no-one has ever done a rap re-make or cover of anything Styx ever did. At least not that I am aware of...

I don't know if you take "requests" or not, if you do consider this one. Plus, if indeed no rap/hip-hop artist has ever touched anything Styx related with their "ten foot pole" you could be breaking new ground.

Who knows, this could be your Golden Ticket on the Elevator Ride to the stratosphere?

Something to think about anyway...I hope you will forgive me for "shitting up" Your Music thread?

-Executive Producer;  AzzCast

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2021, 07:49:50 PM »

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2021, 07:57:12 PM »
-Executive Producer;  AzzCast

You do know Starr is Associate Producer?

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2021, 08:05:05 PM »
I hope you will forgive me for "shitting up" Your Music thread?

Only if you can find it in your heart to forgive me for flaking out on that project.

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2021, 08:08:16 PM »
I don't know if you take "requests" or not, if you do consider this one.

I have a direct request for you. Consider a subscription to my podcast.

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2021, 08:13:04 PM »
If indeed no rap/hip-hop artist has ever touched anything Styx related with their "ten foot pole" you could be breaking new ground.

I'm itching to knock that anorexic neckbeard's teeth into the back of his throat.

And, respectfully, I prefer rapping about shooting people in the face. Its more my thing.

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2021, 08:15:59 PM »
Consider a subscription to my podcast.

5 bucks, tops. If your digi-wife can back me, surely you can find it in your pocketbook to do the same.