Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 337192 times)

Re: OK dammit
« Reply #2085 on: September 16, 2021, 11:12:21 PM »
Sheeeiiit, bra! There’s gonna be some paranormal activity going on back in my room soon. Those two blondes are drunk as fuck! You want in?

Nope. They are all yours. Me and Pate are locked in a Euchre Battle Royale with those two old birds at the last table in the dark up there.

Bitties going down!!!!

Re: COVID-19 and Social Reality
« Reply #2086 on: September 16, 2021, 11:28:51 PM »
#1 reason i got the VAXX is to keep smelly negros away from me

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1438518296555393032

Re: COVID-19
« Reply #2087 on: September 16, 2021, 11:49:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/ArtValley818_/status/1438318902082158592

Not my experience today. One of our drivers came back to work and went on a rant. Anybody unvaxxed deserves to die (literally his words.) Trudeau could mandate the vaccination and have the army force inject people, and he hopes that happens after the election.

It was honestly one of the most disappointing conversations that I have every heard. It didn't really anger me- it did make me sad that somehow this is where we are. I think he's back full time in two week. I know that I will end up letting him know that I am unvaxxed. The only thing that I said today was "that's right! I hope those unvaxxed die for their choice." (Yes, I'm a bastard.)

My mother works a few days a week to stay busy. Her boss has now decalred that all unvaxxed should be denied all medical services. Have cancer? Too bad- die. Have a heart attack while unvaxxed? No ambulance for you. Die bastard! It's truly an amazing time to hear these people who are unhinged- but it is the right who are dangerous according the Biden? Right.  ::)

Nice to see some reasonable people.

« Reply #2088 on: September 16, 2021, 11:59:26 PM »
Are you talking about "any business" or just restaurants, bars & entertainment?  Down here there are rumors of a phone-based passport starting in October but it will be limited to those things.

I did not like the idea of the passport because it seemed unnecessarily punitive, King County's unvaxxed are mostly black folks so it's really Jim Crow and might take the shine off my virtue-signaling a bit but it was explained to me that it is not punishment for the unvaxxed at all, it is protecting them from dangerous venues where only those of us who are shielded from the risk to some degree can be trusted to go, since the unvaxxed are obviously incompetent to assess risk for themselves.  This patronizing condescension is right up my alley and I am all for passports now!

Besides when Trollda comes to town to break my nose I can just dart into one of those privileged venues and make faces out the window at him.

Every business. Restaurants cannot seat me regardless (probably just as well as I usually dine with a friend- which is verboten.) I can eat outside if they are willing to serve my food in the snowstorms. Outside of that all businesses are limited to 1/3 fire capacity unless they check vaccination status. This includes grocery stores and pharmacies as far as I can tell in addition to "unnecessary" services like gyms. I'm actually wondering if I will be able to buy milk next week. We'll see.

I think my favourite is no exemption to even see one other person. If you are unvaxxed, you can stay home. You are not allowed to see a parent, sibling or friend. Or you can extend your middle finger and say "fuck you". I chose the later.

I'm glad that this worked out as you predicted and that they only did it to drive up the vax rate. I assume they will rescind it immediately?

« Reply #2089 on: September 17, 2021, 12:03:52 AM »
Every business. Restaurants cannot seat me regardless (probably just as well as I usually dine with a friend- which is verboten.) I can eat outside if they are willing to serve my food in the snowstorms. Outside of that all businesses are limited to 1/3 fire capacity unless they check vaccination status. This includes grocery stores and pharmacies as far as I can tell in addition to "unnecessary" services like gyms. I'm actually wondering if I will be able to buy milk next week. We'll see.

I think my favourite is no exemption to even see one other person. If you are unvaxxed, you can stay home. You are not allowed to see a parent, sibling or friend. Or you can extend your middle finger and say "fuck you". I chose the later.

I'm glad that this worked out as you predicted and that they only did it to drive up the vax rate. I assume they will rescind it immediately?

What has this guy had to say about it all?

« Reply #2090 on: September 17, 2021, 12:07:44 AM »
This plan of yours is the dumbest thing I've ever read in the gabverse...excluding all of Tootsie's posts, of course.

I take that as a compliment. Regrettably, he was likely no longer infectious yesterday.  :(

The fact is that if it reduces my chances of bringing it to my family by even 20%, it is worth it. (I say that now- ask me after this weekend. I have penciled in "symptoms" in my Saturday day planner.) 

May I assume that you have your double jab and are in line for the third?

« Reply #2091 on: September 17, 2021, 12:14:17 AM »
I’d also like to suggest some sort of Michael Vandeveen memorial.

Pardon, what’s that? He’s not dead? Ooops! :-[

I don't know about that. He was not "skinny." And, if memory serves, he had a goatee.  :'(

RIP, MV.

What has this guy had to say about it all?

He dares to want people to be able to chose how they handle it. What a moron. Does he not know that Justine knows best?

*Problem is that he as around a 0% chance of forming government and probably a 5% chance of getting a single seat.

« Reply #2092 on: September 17, 2021, 12:16:06 AM »
This plan of yours is the dumbest thing I've ever read in the gabverse...excluding all of Tootsie's posts, of course.

OY VEY!

« Reply #2093 on: September 17, 2021, 12:17:37 AM »
I don't know about that. He was not "skinny." And, if memory serves, he had a goatee.  :'(

RIP, MV.

He dares to want people to be able to chose how they handle it. What a moron. Does he not know that Justine knows best?

*Problem is that he as around a 0% chance of forming government and probably a 5% chance of getting a single seat.

You would think that reasonable Canadians would be voting for him in droves. I’m sure JT’s got the vote rigged the way the Dems did here last time anyway. He’s a globalist puppet.

« Reply #2094 on: September 17, 2021, 12:20:21 AM »

Re: COVID-19 and Social Reality
« Reply #2095 on: September 17, 2021, 12:34:28 AM »
You would think that reasonable Canadians would be voting for him in droves. I’m sure JT’s got the vote rigged the way the Dems did here last time anyway. He’s a globalist puppet.

Canuckians traditionally vote with a stubby yellow pencil.
Ballots are counted by little old ladies from Elections Canada.
The winner is usually announced well before voting closes on the west coast.

Election fraud never seems to be an issue.

This year no one gets to share the same germy pencil.

« Reply #2096 on: September 17, 2021, 12:39:47 AM »
ISaaS [Immune System as a Service]

Jab of the month club coming your way in 2022.  Get your subscription in now!  ;)

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1438266398531366916?

« Reply #2097 on: September 17, 2021, 01:24:31 AM »

Oof that is rough.  Ours was just announced officially

King County will require proof of vaccination at bars, restaurants, and more

Proof-of-vaccination or a negative Covid test will be required for outdoor events with more than 500 people, such as sporting events at Lumen Field or T-Mobile Park. Note
Same goes for indoor entertainment and recreational establishments, such as live music venues, gyms, theaters, museums, indoor sports, and conventions.
The requirement is also for indoor dining at restaurants and bars. Note: The mandate does not apply to outdoor dining, take-out customers, or grocery stores.

The mandate is temporary. King County will reevaluate it in April.

Looks like another long, dark winter  :(  I hope some kind restaurant owners put leftover meals out in the alley, and grocery stores leave milk out for you that isn't too sour.

King County has about the highest vaxx rate and lowest case rate in the state, it's silly to do it here and not in hickville two counties south where the case rate is three times higher, but it's what people here want, and it makes business sense to cater to the 85% and not the 15.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/seattle-will-require-proof-of-vaccination-at-bars-restaurants-and-more

« Reply #2098 on: September 17, 2021, 01:37:24 AM »
There have been sporadic cancellations for crew shortage but nobody is saying whether it is the protest or they just got covid (I guess there has been a lot of that, too) meanwhile the ferries want us to know (again) that they are hiring replacements

https://twitter.com/wsferries/status/1438276447358095360

« Reply #2099 on: September 17, 2021, 01:44:44 AM »
There have been sporadic cancellations for crew shortage but nobody is saying whether it is the protest or they just got covid (I guess there has been a lot of that, too) meanwhile the ferries want us to know (again) that they are hiring replacements

https://twitter.com/wsferries/status/1438276447358095360

Scab Ferryman.  Two week training.  How nice.